Saturday, April 16, 2011

Coming home...

I recently went to Arizona to visit my husbands cousin and to have some dental work completed. I found an amazingly cheap flight through Aligent and because of this decided to leave the majority of the kids at home with the husband and only took the baby with me.  The only time I have ever left Andrew and Annette overnight has been to have a baby so I was nervous but figured everyone would survive. 

Day 1: 
Andrew shoved his balloon up into the ceiling fan and got the string wrapped up in the motor.  Luckily it didn't break, quick fix.  Even though I look up now two weeks later and the string was never fully removed.  Dad managed to get Annette to ballet not only on time but early, but forgot the library book tp return.

Day 2:  
Very uneventful day, or at least no events were reported, Ayden made it to Cub Scouts and the book found its way home to the library.

Day 3: 
Phone call from Ayden's school about something that happened on Day 2, since he didn't have a parent sign his think sheet they had to check and see if we knew what happened. Annette decided she was tired of her bangs and some of her hair cut it off while at grandmas house.

Day 4: 
Get up at 3 am to finish packing, load up drive an hour to the airport where I argue with the silly secuirty people about taking off my baby wrap, I swear next time I'm not going to wear a shirt under it so they can't make me take it off. Loose an hour on the flight because of the time change and get shown Grandma how to latch the funky car seat.  Get in the van, drop grandma off, stopped by the hair salon (not open yet), go home and fix the seedlings that have grown like crazy in the past three days and water them.  Happily only we only had a few casulaties in my abscence, folded three loads of laundry that sat so patiently waiting for me to come home... I thought I called the laundry fairy before I left but I guess the message got lost. Did some ironing, then went back to the salon to get Annette's hair fixed.  While I was there I realized I hadn't had my hair cut since I found out I was pregnant with Adrianne and she's almost 8 months old, the ladies there seemed really nice and they weren't busy sooo.... I get in the chair while nursing Adrianne as Annette and Andrew roam around the shop seeing what they can get away with.  Annette decides she has to go to the bathroom the nice beauticians point the way.  Andrew then decides he needs to go too, disappears into the bathroom with Annette.  After about ummmm 7 minutes or so I ask the nice lady who isn't cuting my hair to see if everyone is still alive.  Andrew had taken off his daiper thrown it away and went to the bathroom,
Annette was washing her hands and coming out.  Andrew then comes struting out of the bathroom (Similar to the Urkel walk) with this funny smirk on his face as I realize he has pulled up his pants and is comando. The beautician comes out and asks if I have a diaper for him which I don't because we are literally around the corner from my house and this was just supposed to be a quick trip, but oh wait I keep some in the van!  She takes my keys gets the diaper and rediapers my kid as I am getting my hair cut.  Wow I love these ladies and gave them a very nice tip, and am glad I'm not due for another haircut for 16 months.  Ok, back home decide I should make some pretzels that I learned to make while I was gone, why I'm not quite sure. Took Ayden to piano lessons, where I fell asleep on their couch, oops.  Then off to Ayden's soccer practice, back home to make dinner and kids in bed. 

So I'm not sure if I should never leave again or leave more often. 

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Oh my gosh!! I love it! Hilariuos!!!!! It's so funny how Mom leaves and their world is upside down, but no one seems to notice the smoothness when you're there. Where in the world do you get your haircut!!?? I don't know if I've ever had a place that would be that nice. I remember having a similar incident with the baby wrap at the airport too. Tell me how the "shirtless" plan goes. Hahaha!